Adverts #3

(i) Lloyds Bank

BRING ON THE BLACK HORSE!
as Catherine the Great once said.


(ii) Eggs

GO TO WORK ON A LEG
or, if you're feeling kinky,
then maybe you could use two.
Look, I'm not going
to sit here
and tell you what you should do...


(iii) Kia-Ora

Pursued across the desert
by a procession of crows.
One plucks the sun from the sky
and dribbles it like a basketball;
two others carry a piano - why?
"It's too orangey for crows.
It's just for me and my dog."

I scan the horizon.
Nothing but sand dunes
and the shimmering black smudges
of massing corvids.

It seems to me
everybody wants to be
my dog.


(iv) Fruit Pastilles, Fruit Gums and Futons

For your information:
I cannot put a Fruit Pastille in my mouth
without chewing it,
a Fruit Gum in my mush
without spontaneously combusting,
or lay down on a futon
without wanting to press
the nuclear button.

KABOOM!


B.R. 03.05.2021


In 1982, Kia-Ora launched a colourful, animated advertising campaign, directed by Oscar Grillo of Klacto Animations, which used the jingle "We all adore a Kia-Ora", and featured a child in a straw hat, a dog called Fedora who served the drink, and multiple crows who pursued the boy for a drink, with the boy responding with "it's too orangey for crows".


See also Adverts and More Adverts

Comments

Popular Posts