Fever Dream of Jahn Teigen

 Jahn Teigen (1949-2020) was a Norwegian singer who represented his country in the Eurovision Song Contest not once, not twice, but thrice. In 1978 he performed the song 'Mil etter mil' (Mile after mile), which became famous for not receiving a single point from any of the participating countries.


Rest now, you are tired
Okay, I'll try to sleep

Direct your mind to another place
Is this better than counting sheep?

Mile after mile after mile
After mile after mile after mile

You are walking in the rain
This doesn't sound very restful

Water trickles in your shoes
It sounds positively stressful

Come here where I am, where the sun is near
Re-enter me enter me

AIEEE!!!!!


(Later, in a deep sleep:)

And it's a long way to go
Well I'm beginning to see the light

It is longing that drives you
To a camp site on the Isle of Wight

Where are you going? You must not go
Just tell me what you want me to do

You've been hiking for far too long
Resigned to never finding you

What is it that my dreams conceal?
Mil etter mil etter mil...


B.R. 22.05.2021



Comments

Popular Posts