Absolutely Final Closing Down Sale

I got into furniture sales
by virtue of my expressive hands.
Just look at these bad boys,
these pointy appendages
a-dangling from my wrists.
They're something special, yes?

The way in which they're thrusted
has got me universally trusted.
Hands that inspire confidence.
If only they could speak, oh
what stories they could tell:
tales of sales that would blow

your mind. If these hands could talk...
well, yes, it would be rather odd.
I'm the king of the showroom,
the sofa chauffeur, a kind of god.
But nobody gives the slightest shit
re three years interest-free credit.

The sun is setting.
The truth is dawning
that I am getting
sacked in the morning.


B.R. 15.05.2021


The face, voice and, above all, hands of DFS: the late, great Tom Adams

Comments

Popular Posts