Mash Up of the Titans

Check out the fair Andromeda,
bound and shackled to the rocks.
For Zeus' sake, don't get me started
on that wanker Calibos!

I thought I might have met my match
with that snake-haired Medusa:
she almost gone and turned me to stone,
just because I tried to goose her!

That Kraken thinks he's hot shit,
the sea king of romance;
he's giving it all that while
hanging round in seaweed pants.

Pathetic.


B.R. 27.05.2021


I was 7 or 8 years old when the film Clash of the Titans came out in 1981 and I was mildly obsessed with it, along with the Flash Gordon film of that time and the Tom Baker/Peter Davison incarnations of Dr Who. I had a Clash of the Titans tie-in comic book and a novelization of the film. I think it was Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion animations and the way in which they brought the mythical monsters to such vivid life which enthralled me so much - Medusa, Dioskilos (the two-headed Dandie Dinmont), those f***ing scorpions... I still watch this film whenever it comes on TV.

Comments

Popular Posts