Derbyshire Desires (High Passions In High Peak)

"Revenge is a dish best served with new season asparagus, Hollandaise sauce and a chilled Sancerre..."
- Keith Keighley, acid skiffle musician and Professor of Psychogeography at the University of Langley Mill
 
 
 
Marie
I was the king of the water ski
But she accused me of showboating.
I had to slay her at sea
Then add a crumb-crisp coating.
I think fondly of sweet Marie -
Her memory keeps refloating.
 
 
Bess
When we hooked up she was a mess.
We shacked up for a while in Shottle.
With each passing day I loved her less,
With her neck just like a turkey's wattle.
She had the face of a goddess
And the kind of neck men love to throttle.
 
 
Edith
Now I am with Miss Chapel-en-le-Frith
But it's not been going so well.
I wouldn't trust her near a cliff...
From here the wound will fit with the story I shall tell.
Darling, don't mind being consigned to the fiery pit of hell -
It's not so far away, beneath "tart town" Bakewell.
 
B.R. 03/05/2013
 
 
 
View of Chapel-en-le-Frith from Castle Naze



Comments

Popular Posts