Death to the Milkman (See That He Dies Tonight)

(for Andrew Harrison)



Death to the milkman
See that he dies tonight
Or tomorrow would do
 
That dairy devil must go down
He should have done his loving
on the other side of town
 
Once we were so happy
Until that fateful morning
I awoke to the electric whirring
 
of his float coming down our cul-de-sac
He had a suit made from gold-top bottle tops
And wore a sleek peaked cap
 
"A little extra for the weekend?"
The blighter would ask,
winking lasciviously at me trouble
 
She was just as bad
Her eyes seemed to feast on 'is Aris
as he took away the empties
 
I grew uneasy, suspicious
Was that a love bite on her Gregory?
I developed lactose intolerance
 
I sat naked in the front porch
surrounded by an army of Longley Farm yogurts
and waited to taunt him through the frosted glass
 
I heard him clink-clinking up the driveway
I started to dance like Tales of the Unexpected
Excited by the blurry outline of my gyrating form
He threw open the door, gasped "Quelle horreur!
Whatcha trying to do?
Make me look like some sort of double yolker?"
I held him to my breast and started to polka
He said he admired my almighty galls
Then swiftly kicked me in the Henry Halls
 
Death to the milkman
See that he dies tonight
Tomorrow at the latest
 
B.R. 20/05/2013
  

Comments

Popular Posts