The Inner Stoat

You've got me feeling like a scanner
Whose head's about to blow.
You've got me feeling like Bruce Banner.
It would be best for you to go.

Don't make me angry Mr McGee.
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
What's that you say? You don't like me anyway?
Well, I've had enough of this verbal horseplay!

The time for shilly-shallying
And bandying words has passed.
The time for retribution is nigh.
It's time to kick your ass

With the Van Grack trainers
Favoured by my perspicacious pack
But dissed by misguided no-brainers
From here to Heanor and then back.

Releasing the inner stoat.
Spleen vented. Full-throated.
Proud to stand out from the crowd
In my fine winter coat.

You might think that you'll come off best
But I'll use your skin to line my nest.

B.R. 09/07/2012


"We Continue with a man with a stoat through his head..."
(Terry Gilliam in Monty Python's Flying Circus)


I can't refer to The Incredible Hulk, as I have done in this poem, without also quickly mentioning the closing theme to the TV series: "The Lonely Man". Has there ever been a lovelier piece of music? Almost definitely, yes. But it gets me every time. It reminds me, very happily, of my increasingly distant childhood. If only I had a Texan bar to eat whilst listening to it! Or a tube of fruit-flavoured Toffos! If I ever create a time machine (an unlikely contingency, I grant you) the first thing I will do is pop back to 1978 and stock up on Toffos.

Poor Dr Banner. That Mr McGee was like a stoat with a rabbit - just wouldn't let him go. Anyway, enough of my blethering. Cue music...


B.R. 10/07/2012

Comments

Popular Posts