In Hell

So here we are in Hell,
Looks like we've finally arrived.
Buttocks toasted like big teacakes
And our intestines lightly fried.

I can't remember doing anything
That was so very bad...
A few minor indiscretions, yes,
But I was no major cad

Yet here I am and here's my dog!
Unfair to put him in Hades,
Surrounded by pimps, sellers of shrimps,
Politicians, bankers and sadists.

There's my old chemistry teacher
With a Bunsen burner up his bottom.
That'll teach him and his colleagues,
All their lessons now forgotten.

Does the other place exist?
Everyone I've ever known is here.
There's me, there's you, there's a great
Motley crew of social misfits
Lying and dying around me,
Drinking Taboo and getting tanned.
But the biggest shock is Gary -
Waiting for the guillotine
With his briefcase in his hand.

B.R. sometime in 1996, revised 2012



The Goat of Mendes - The Devil Himself!
(The Devil Rides Out, 1968)

Comments

Popular Posts