Alain's Psychedelic Breakfast

Coming to, under a canopy of cumulonimbi
With Lulubelle III looking decidedly edgy,
I bethought it best to quit meadow and wood
And put myself behind breakfast bars if I could

So I made my way to Hell House's throbbing kitchen
Where a man called Dan viewed my movements with suspicion.
Shane and his golden mane were bacon their way down the stairs.
A fine dust of muesli settled over the chairs.

I frowned at Gorgeous Gordon, hash brown and handsome,
As he did up the button mushrooms of his chemise.
I whistled for the kettle while we waited for The Toastman.
We had a round of coffees... or they might have been teas.


Epilog

Just as tomato never comes,
The Toastman never cometh.
He drove himself insane
Obeying a subliminal command
He'd heard listening to Mountain:
"Theme for an Imaginary Western".
He spent the night trying
To shut himself inside a briefcase.
He never thought that his life might be impeded.
At 5AM he finally succeeded.

The new dawn fades and reality comes calling
To the flotsam and jetsam adrift in the aftershock.
It looks like Yasgur's Farm the day after Woodstock.
A sea of spent Pot Mashes on a grubby tarpaulin.

B.R. 04/07/2012


The cover of the Atom Heart Mater LP by Fink Royd (1970)
with orchestrations by Judy Geeson

Comments

Popular Posts