The Geoffrey Boycott Blues Band

 
 
 
Growing up,
I had no time for "bitches and hos".
I learned my craft
on uncovered pitches tha knows!
 
Letting you into my heart
was like giving you a full toss on leg stump.
Your eyes lit up and then
you stepped in and helped yourself.
 
I used to love your footwork -
watching those little boots
scurrying about the outfield.
Then one day you walked on,
past third man and beyond.
Our fate was signed, sealed
and powder-puff delivered.
 
I had me a high old time
but then I had to come on down.
Your corridor of uncertainty
made me hide my bat and frown.
 
I got to the pitch of the ball
but you weren't there at all;
just a "Dear Geoff" note
what you wrote
in a fit of pique.
You're a true Yorkshire lass.
You say what you like
and you like what you speak.
 
You're a girl in a million.
Come on back to the pavilion
and let me serenade you
with my stick of rhubarb.
 
 
B.R. 21/03/2015


Comments

Popular Posts