Smooth Newts

The street where I live
is a Machu Picchu row of skips,
scattered with antimatter.
Escarpments of wooden chip forks
and plastic shards of blue bank biros;
a plague of Blue Rats,
scurrying around in pressed tin cans
while a blue-armed King Tat lies in estate
in a tomb of multi-coloured loom bands.
 
 
They come in shiny boots and big-breasted suits,
trying to put their hands on my smooth newts,
remove my foundations and pull up my roots.
 
Encroaching on my face.
Broaching my unique place
with their ubiquitous, lifeless life styling;
their free and easy
sleazy weasel speak.
 
They say:
Everywhere must look the same.
Everywhere must feel the same.
Everyone must sound the same.
Everyone must act the same.
Everyone and everything
must be the same as they've always been.
Safety in anonymity.
Safety in numbers.
No time or place for
individual embuggerance.
 
 
I reply:
I've had an eyeful
of your municipal masturbation.
I spit like a cobra
on your planning application.
 
B.R. 01/03/2015
 
 
Oh Gussie, how right you are...
 


Comments

Popular Posts