Harlequinade

 
Taking cream tea with Maggie Medusa.
She tried to catch my eye.
I tried to press her to a scone.
Her hand ran up my thigh.
At least I think it was her hand...
 
 
In a crack den
with Uncle Ben.
He touched me with his wisdom
and something else I'm loathe to mention.
"Oh Ben," I said,
"How'd you get so old
and bald and so very wise?"
He clipped me around the head
and sent me out to the shop
for fags and Scampi Fries.
 
 
I went to the dogs with Frankie Howerd.
We lost a small fortune.
If I hadn't been such a coward
I would have stopped the old buffoon.
Instead I held his gabardine mac
while he chased the electric hare
round and round the track.
We tittered not that night
and he never took me back.
 
B.R. 12/10/2014
 
Frankie Howerd by Caravaggio. Titter ye not.
 


Comments

Popular Posts