Cucumber & Pancakes

I took the waters at Casablanca

I took the Knackwurst from
the Café René in Nouvion

I took the biscuit
(the last Bourbon
when you weren't looking)

I took the Mickey (Dolenz)
          the Michael (Nesmith)
          and the mighty Peter (Tork)...

...leaving you all alone
with Davy Jones
and some maracas

I took my auntie Lynn
to see Daniel O'Donnell
It was all kinds of wrong
It was all kinds of horrible
It was easy listening Hell
in twenty song-sized portions
but that didn't stop my auntie
and her musical contortions

I took evening classes
in advanced burglary
Ronnie Kray officiated
at the graduation ceremony
He gave me my scroll
and a gold-plated jemmy

I took life at face value
then it had cosmetic surgery
I took an oath to tell the truth
then I committed perjury

I took the synopsis of T. J. Hooker
and wrote it up as my diary
I took second prize in a beauty contest
prompting a stewards inquiry

I took from you in hearts
and gave it back in spades
I took to your sweet and sour love
like a duck to quack juice

or some cucumber and pancakes

B.R. 09/12/2016


Adrian Zmed as rookie Officer Vince Cucumber and William "Shats" Shatner as Sergeant Thomas Jefferson "T. J." Pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts