Stroopwafel (Hands, Thighs & Boomps-a-Daisy)


(i)

Take a look at these hands
denuded of fey Marigolds

Dem's city hands

These hands have never worked the land

These hands have never encircled the neck
of a Burmese professional pickpocket
whilst on shore leave
then tightened their grip

These are hands that have never
(not even once)
broken the back of a giant stick insect
 
These maulers
These German bands
 
Hands that can only sleep
(perchance to dream)
of following in the handsteps
of Julian Bream
 
I think I'll put them away
 
 
(ii)
 
Have you ever felt a pair like these?
G'wan, have a stroke of my thighs
 
They're made for love
(as you can see)
but they're also handy*
I think you'll agree
for choking Soviet spies
 
I once hired out my thighs
for the rolling of cigars
and my rough bottom
for the striking of matches
but I got hooked on smoking
if you know what I mean
My thighs were plastered
with nicotine patches
 
You're quite right, I'll cover them up
 
 
(iii)
 
Ods bodikins! What larks!
Now what else can I show you?
How about this, may I aks?
Yes, it's a museum piece, it's true
(if they put such things in museums)
 
Yes, it IS unusual
It's probably unique
You can touch it for one pound fifty
For a tenner you can have it for a week
 
B.R. 04/07/2016
 
 
*Oh God! Not the hands again!
 

Comments

Popular Posts