Choo-Choo Blues

 
Snoozing and schmoozing,
catnip-whiskered and bleary-eyed,
through salmon flavoured days
and mackerel scented nights.
 
Some mornings,
after stretching and yawning,
it feels like I'm chasing my own tail;
like this alley's going nowhere
and this trash can is a jail.
 
So I walk into my wardrobe
of white turtleneck sweaters,
take down the sardine can
of Miss Tabitha's letters.
 
She's the sweet silver tabby who haunts every dream.
She makes me feel like the cat that got the cream
 
but I'm not like T.C. or Fancy
when it comes to romance.
I'm more at home in the pool hall
than I am in her pants.
 
The phone rings shrill and chilled as snow
so Benny the Ball takes the call:
some hoodlums with blue 5 o'clock shadow
acting suspicious at the mall.
 
Here comes Officer Dibble
(Manhattan's Hermann Göring).
He keeps trying to run us in
but he'll never stop us purring.
 
He tries his best to keep us down
but he'll never stop us purring...
 
B.R. 24/07/2016
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts