Humps for 400 Yards

 
Your love gave me temporary
immunity from insanity
When you left me
it split my personality
and now my body is finally
catching up
 
My left cheek
is twit-twit-twitching
It's twitched so much
that it's ended up
on the right hand side of my face
Now I have two cheeks on one side
and none on the other
I look positively Cubist 
 
The Man put out the bushfire
that had been raging in my eyebrows
but alas too late to save
the family of sparrows
that had been nesting there
 
Here
Have a hank
of my lank and greasy hair
It's coming out in handfuls
You can pull it from the plughole
of the damned and the dead
 
I look and I feel
a richt dirty wee scunner
like an octogenarian
long distance runner
 
My head
is coming loose
at the moorings
I might have to unscrew it
and replace it
with a bayonet
 
 
...there must be something wrong
with my eyes and ears
I can't believe anything
that I see or hear
When did folk become cruel?
So full of hate and bile?
I'm goin' oot on ma wee scooter
and I may be gone awhile
 
B.R. 09/08/2015

 
Photo by B.R.
 

Comments

Popular Posts