Dancing Into Space

It's Strictly Come Prancing season:
twelve weeks of reasons to wear sequins
while buying loo roll in Home Bargains.
Like I need a reason.


CRAIG BREVILLE WHOREWOOD: 'scuse me while I ActiFry my thighs.
Exit stage right.
 
 
Wipe the Wayne Sleep from your eyes.
Fake tan she-men, shine your white hot shoes.
When I flick my fleckerls it's frickin' cosmic ~
fancy-kecks du Beke gets the old trout blues.
 
 
From Cas Vegas to Ponte Carlo
and on the Shipley Strip they dig my paso.
 
I love dancing into space:
stepping high, wide and handsome
                                   into freedom.
But each day there's less of it around
in this small overcrowded town.

B.R. 21/09/2014

Sir Bruce Forsyth, relaxing backstage before the taping of the 2048 Strictly Come Dancing Xmas special.
 

Comments

Popular Posts