Dial L for Llama



I'm the lord of the manor,
living in a shrine to myself.
Part Hulk, part Bruce Banner
but with superfly mental health.

Every Sunday morning
I tootle round my estate
on my llama (Robert Palmer)
and collect the rent from my tenants
with a long-handled Edwardian
rent-collecting spoon.
What could be nicer (for them)?

Every Sunday afternoon
I lie on my drawing room floor,
listen to my collection
of antique aeoliphones*
and plan my conquest of Antarctica.
It's all coming together!

Every Sunday evening,
after entertaining my guests
by playing the spoons on my first wife's skull,
we exeunt to go badger baiting...
sometimes nine, sometimes eighteen holes.

I'm the lord of the manor.
I own the ground on which you stand.
A member of the Bobbie Gentry,
blighting this green and pleasant land.

B.R. 10/06/2014



* wind machines

Comments

Popular Posts