Tomorrow We Kill (Today We Complete A Risk Assessment)

(aka Django di Shipley)

 
Anthony Steffen in Django il Bastardo (1969)
 
 
I assume my position at the cardboard bar.
Have a cigar. Sip a sarsaparilla.
They used to call me a king-size Mars.
Now they call me a Bounty killer.

The sheriff, he wears his badge so proudly.
I think I may have found the missing link.
His muchachos play their poker too darn loudly
so a man cannot hear himself drink.

The Dog-Faced Boy from the bakery
stumbles in, mimes slitting his throat,
then he points his dumb iced finger at me.
I'll show that dirty, sawed-off little scrote!

Pappy shook his head at me and my brother.
He always said we were no-good, stupid chumps.
If he could see us now -
shooting the shit out of each other,
stood by Headglow Aquamat Condensate Pumps.*

The war still keeps goin' on
just like John Chisum.
Blood flows into mud.
Gatling guns. Heaving bosoms.

Woman, stop your crying.
It's not your menfolk that's dying
when the day is done.
Dying with the last rays
of this last day of the sun.

B.R. 14/05/2014



*Put simply, this is THE place in Shipley to buy your condensate removal trays for under your refrigerated display cabinets. Check it out y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts