Spirits of Ancien T'Egypt

Aaarrrggghhh! My bleeding back!
It would be kinder to give me the sack.
This isn't my idea of fun ~
Ramses whipping hell out of my thighs.
I'm burning up in the hot desert sun,
with an ibis pecking at my eyes.

A better master would show some pity.
On rock 'n' roll, we could build this city.
Each day he gives me a general beating.
Some days, he goes into specifics.
Like that time in the lower chamber
when he caught me carving rude hieroglyphics.



Later, following a rudimentary supper of sun-dried catfish, a meat lollipop made from roasted river horse, stale bread and figs...

Ooh... if he does that again,
I'll turn around and smack him.
He seems to neither know nor care
how heavy these blocks are.
The soothsayer says we should be making love
instead of pyramids 'neath the stars.

B.R. 01/02/2014

Comments

  1. I should like to put a request in for a full health and safety audit of that menu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts