The View from the Top

I climbed to the top of the hill
to watch the red-hot lava flow,
to smell the burning flesh,
to hear the screaming down below.

It still feels fresh,
it still feels raw,
when I remember
what I saw...

I saw young men running in terror from their homes,
updating their statuses on their phones.

I saw the Queen jumping from her balcony.
No one tried to stop her.
I saw Noel Edmonds gloating und showboating
in his helicopter.

I saw two Welsh witches sacrificing giant leeks.
I saw defrocked priests with crenelated arse cheeks.

I saw Debbie McGee stamping up and down
on her husband Paul's smouldering syrup.
I saw my dad mounting his apocalyptic steed,
his booted foot upon the stirrup.

I saw the three heads of Cerberus
lickspittling private parts.
I saw a postprandial Lucifer
savouring his farts.

I saw the ending of the human race
and something else beginning.
Someone turned out all the lights.
In that second, we stopped spinning.

When it was all over
I folded up my shooting stick
and stumped off back down the hill.

 

B.R. 04/12/2013



Comments

Popular Posts