West Yorkshire Space Programme


She told me to give her space
So I took her at her word.
I retired to my garden shed
And built a rocket ship.
I was in there for ages,
From lunch while afternoon tea.
Was it worth the effort?
You bet your sexy boots it was.
The look on her face was priceless.
She was shovelling jam and cream
Onto the head gardener's scone
When I handed her the keys
To her brand new set of space wheels.
She seemed a trifle overwhelmed
Or possibly scared to fulfil her destiny.
She said "I'm not going in there."
I said "You can. You will. YOU MUST.
You belong amongst the stars.
Now take your mycoprotein pills
And put your damn cycle helmet on."
So she boarded the craft (at knifepoint)
With her trusty first officer
Mandy the Dandie Dinmont.
At last the final countdown could begin.
We sang "We're heading for Venus".
Still she stood tall.

Then mother-in-law arrived...

B.R. 31/07/2013

 

Comments

Popular Posts