From the Files of the Lo-Fi Thought Police (West Yorkshire Division)


Fay Wray sits and waits by the phone.
"Where is that bastard Kong?"

From ten till six, she's not alone.
Dickie Davies dings her dong.

You are now entering The Highlight Zone
(Formerly Sandrine's Salon).

Will reason return to her throne?
Curse you Emperor Mong!

The days of bouillabaisse are done,
Now she's met Raymond Blanc.

Stick that in your zabaglione!
Get it on; bang a gong.

Between a rock bun and a scone.
To whom should I give tongue?

I don't want to lower the tone
But can I see your thong?

Redundant as The Rolling Stones
And their turgid new songs.*

I'll let them take my skin and bones
But to you my heart belongs.

B.R. 23/03/2013



* take your pick from anything  they've recorded since Sticky Fingers, their 1971 album.

Comments

Popular Posts