Perspective Shiftz

"Cabinet minister Michael Gove missed an interview slot on BBC Radio 4's Today programme earlier after getting stuck in a lift.

The levelling up secretary missed his slot on Monday's show after an elevator in the BBC's Broadcasting House stopped working.

He was trapped in the lift for around half an hour."

- BBC News website, 10.01.2022



(i)

Perspective shifts
unlike Michael Gove,
stuck in a lift
in Broadcasting House.

Sadly, he is now at liberty.
The crowdfunding campaign
to keep dear old Mickey
permanently sealed in
never got off the ground floor
and he was duly freed
to transmit his utter garbage
over the ether.


(ii)

Personalities shift.
I am not the man I was
at the beginning of this poem,
nor am I the man
I will become.

I'm not even sure I yam what I yam,
not a Cornish pasty-faced impostor,
a simpering Cup-a-Superman.
Am I as hard as Crunchy Nut
or as sweet as Sugar Puff?

I hope that whatever I am,
in the end
it is enough.

B.R. 15.01.2022


Please lock me away and don't allow the day
here inside, where I hide with my loneliness.
I don't care what they say, I won't stay
in a world without Gove.




Comments

Popular Posts