Mechanically Reclaimed Meaty Blues


Sometimes I feel like deboned meat.
The kind nobody wants to eat.



Fit the First

Crammed into the Yamaha showroom.

Lords, ladies and gents,
we are proud to present
(in association with Captain Morgan)
the world's first self-cleaning sexual organ...

We stayed shamefaced for the demonstration
then shuffled awkwardly toward the fire exit,
avoiding all eye contact.

Richard Clayderman, how could you?



Fit the Second

Sequestered in a closet with Mothra.
She feasted on my Harris Tweeds
and sang from Wagner operas
until the day the cleaning lady set me free.

Now every day I try
but I cannot go outside:
there's too much light
and there's too much space
and the air is far too fresh.
Into tidy, moth-eaten bales
I feel the need to be compressed.
 
 



Fit the Final Third

Lying in a mortuary drawer,
trying my damnedest to ring the bell.
The only problem was
that I was dead.

There ain't no appeal court in Hell.

 
B.R. 14/06/2016

Comments

Popular Posts