noTechnoTechnoTechnoTech

Your views are not my views!
Your news is not my news!

I put my size eleven boot
through the TV screen.
There was nothing on it
that I wanted to see.

Down in the park,
I met a family
of out of work Stormtroopers.
They all looked so sad.
I threw a stick for Chewbacca
and gave them my iPad.

Making my tea
while listening to Simon Mayo,
I succumbed to ennui and shame
and proceeded to stir fry my radio
but it still sounded just the same.

I went out in't backyard
and smashed my mobile phone
into a thousand ittybitty pieces,
each one essential
and totally evil.
Two magpies tried
to fit them back together
high up in the branches
of a dead tree.

On that day,
nothing in the outside world changed.

From that day to this,
no one has told me what to think,
no one has told me what to feel.
I have searched for my own truth.
I have lived life untrammelled,
pure and unfiltered,
listening to my soul,
so long suppressed and shut away.

On that day,
I deserted the army of the Cybermen
and walked alone.

B.R. 13/05/2015


Comments

Popular Posts