Wittering Into the Void

Is there anybody out there?
Waiting for more news from nowhere?
I'll take your silence as a "no"...
You check your watch. It's time to go

But I'll carry on regardless
And chip away at the rockface.
Go wittering into the void.
No-one hears but I'm not annoyed.

You and me and rain on the roof
Going la ca touche, la ca touche.
Hold your head up high. Haud yer wheesht.
Look inside for your inner neesht.

Hang on, my verse is going wrong.
Holy funk hitting like a bong.
Standing at the creative junction
With a pen and brain malfunction.

My fickle muse has upped and left
Me artistically bereft.
I just can't see her coming back
Once she's kissed some other hack...

(turns on TV in desperation)


Meh! 'Loose Women' and their twisted faces?
Inspiration in all the wrong places...

(Three days later, in The Palace of Skulls:)

Look how the species has advanced -
Men sit around in ASDA pants.
Proceed to eat their weight in crisps.
Chase poetic will-o'-the-wisps.
Bourgeois Saltairians can't understand
That I'm the captain of this band.

B.R. 20/09/2012

Comments

Popular Posts