The Maungy Badger

What ho!

Welcome to my blog.

For a long time I confused blogging with dogging. This filled with me such terror that I consequently didn't engage in either pursuit. But now I've finally "got on the bus" as the young folks might say. The blogging bus, not the dogging bus, although I daresay such a capacious vehicle could be used for this. They could even have their own routes, I suppose.

My not blogging earlier is certainly partly due to technophobia. I'm still prey to this but not to the extent I was before when the mere word blog would induce (*Orson Welles voice*) "symptoms of Future Shock". I sometimes feel that I may have been born in the wrong era. Victorian times would have suited me. In those days men were men, and so were some of the women. It was only right and proper to lavish attention upon your sideboards and other forms of antique facial furniture, even if it was at the expense of spending time with your children. I'm not saying they got the balance right!

So, what to expect from my blog? Well, poetry of a sort, because that's the way I am I'm afraid! Poetry and general musings on life, love and Larry Grayson. It's bound to be self-indulgent at times so I apologise in advance but hopefully the overall spectacle won't be too unedifying. I welcome your comments and hope to see you around in this quiet backwater of cyberspace.

B.R.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts