Tree

Not materialistic, simple,
that's what I strive to be:
a piece of rural furniture,
a tree.

I stroll out into a field
and stand still as a hypnotised alpaca,
like a scarecrow dressed
by Giorgio all' Asda,
so sweet birdlings
and other tiny tweety things
can rest awhile,
nest awhile in the departure
lounge of my whiskers,
a hop on pop off stopover
on their flight to Gran Canaria.

I breathe in CO2 through my leaves,
take my energy from the sun.

I AM TREE NOW!
I AM FREE NOW!

Keep dogs on leads.
No barbecues.
Please take your rubbish
home with you.


B.R. 20.04.23


The tree that Michael Jayston's character Brian unaccountably chooses over Joan Collins in "Mel", the most pleasingly unhinged segment of the 1973 British anthology horror film Tales That Witness Madness.


Comments

Popular Posts