New Pontefract

 I say now,
 come on,
play the game,
your name's not Jane,
it's John.
You're not fooling anyone.
 
In your Berwick-upon-Tweed suit
with morphine elbow patches.
 
You'll be taken out by Hawkmen
in one fell swoop
of psychedelic shell suit.
Drinks then dinner,
perhaps a film by Michael Winner,
then who knows?
 
I hoovered up the white lines
from the middle of the road.
I sucked all the clouds out of the sky.
I plucked out your eyes
and I rolled them on my thigh.
The look on your face
when I put them back
will stay with me
till at least next Wednesday...
 
...and a mannequin
looks down on me
from an upper storey balcony
and says
"What's your bloody game, bubba?"
 
B.R. 08/06/2015
 
 
Prince Vultan (as played by Britain's greatest living actor Brian Blessed) comtemplates
a night out at Beastfair Vaults, Pontefract.

Comments

Popular Posts