Clinically Lovely (The Tom Yum Goong of Your Love)

(i)

My babe, you are
what a panel
of my male doctor friends
describes as "clinically lovely".
They've been busy
conducting extra tests
just to be sure.


(ii)

Once a twisted Thai chef
took a crooked step further
and tried to steal you away from me.
He zapped me with his reducto-gun
so I was the size of a spring onion
but he was sick as a suckling pig
when he picked up his binoculars
and saw that it was me,
floating on a lemongrass lifebuoy
in the tom yum goong of your love.

 
(iii)

The last leg of the interplanetary darts championship
(Mongo vs. Brighouse)
saw me take on Ming the Merciless.
He beat me with chicanery;
neither fairly nor squarely:
tearing a hole in the fabric of time
with his power ring finger,
he made all my 180s disappear.
What a bounder!
What a scoundrel!
What a cad!
Making love to my girl in the escape pod!
But I know that none of it meant a thing.
You were hypnotised,
under the spell of his power ring...
weren't you?
 
 
B.P.R 23/01/2015

Comments

Popular Posts