Out-of-Body Blues


I woke up this morning.
So help me, I was dead.
I looked down at my body:
"Look at the state of you!" I said.
 
I didn't see it coming
yet I was not surprised
to wake early this morning
and find out I had died.
 
Now I can see
just where I went wrong.
I was so very plainly
more King Mong than Kong.
 
I had too much of Mr Kipling
and his friend Mr McVitie.
There was a paucity of pumpkin
and scarcely any celery.
All-out rampant negativity
buzzed around my noggin.
I shied away from muesli
and downward-facing doggin'.
I spent my time sniffing 'round your back door
when I should have been in church.
I wasted my days hiding my eyes
when I should have been using them to search.
 
 
 
The following day...
 
I woke up this morning.
Hallelujah, I'm alive again.
I've decided to make some changes
but I haven't figured out when...
 
B.R. 17/08/2014

Comments

Popular Posts