Meditations on a Quorn™ Sausage

 
Oh, most worthy breakfast constituent,
but hardly the thing to make
a man spring from his pit
with preprandial excitement.
 
In days of old
sailors bold
plotted their tortuous course
through squall and fog,
emboldened by the thought
of some sweet meat analogue.
 
I can no longer bring home the bacon
and have forsworn chicken and liver.
Now, I'm eating these things,
like fingers from a body
that's spent ten days in the river:
pale, bloodless cylinders.
I taste bland succulence
with a clear conscience.
 
 
 
Now here are a few words from that popular running fellow Mohamed "Mo" Farah:
 
practice ~ protein
prairie ~ princess
pretty ~ praline
prolapsed ~ Pruneface
 
prancing ~ pronghorn
prodding ~ prepuce
prowling ~ proctor
propels ~ propane
 
pre-paid ~ prophet
primal ~ profuse
pre-used ~ protest
prattling ~ prolix
 
 
Kel Knight brandishes a non-non-meat cylinder
 
 
 
Dear Mr (?Quentin) Quorn,
It's my grievance/thy malfeasance
that your snags have got so tiny.
I'm changing my allegiance
to the late Linda McCartney...
 
B.R. 31/08/2014


Comments

Popular Posts