The Civilisation of the Wayuu

Nick Knowles came
round to my house last week.

I don't know the geezer
except by reputation.

He said he had a job for me:
building a conservatory
for the women of
a Venezuelan tribe.

Damn, he's a persuasive man.
Before I knew it,
I'd fetched my spirit level,
donned my hi-viz undercracks
and my hardest hat
and joined his sleazy band.

All through the night we toiled,
fuelled by constructing powder
and chunky egg mayo butties
(on white bloomer, salad suspended).

Chucking hammocks
and colourful handcrafted bags
into the Daniel O'Donnell skip.

Fitting the finest
polycarbonate sheeting
and exquisite bi-folding doors.

You should have seen the looks
on the faces of those tribeswomen
when we did THE BIG REVEAL ...

... positively murderous.


B.R. 02.11.23


Nick Knowles (the face of Birds Eye Steakhouse Grills) pictured at Charnock Richard motorway service area en route to the Guajira Peninsula.
Photo by B.R.
 

Comments

Popular Posts