The Euthanization of Rod Stewart (Part I and II)

(I)

If your cat
brought it through the flap,
looking like a bedraggled stoat
in a Royal Fusilier's coat,
its voice irretrievably broken,
like a demented toad croakin'...
you'd put it out of its misery,
crack its skull with a shovel.


(II)

It pains me to say it Sir Roderick
but you no longer wear it well,
this pantomime horse skin we call life.
Nobody thinks you're sexy these days
(outside of a geriatric care facility).
Taste your hot legs and sashay away
to the railway tracks
and await the downtown train.
It's hard, I know, and you Maggie May
well say "I don't want to talk about it"
but this can't be allowed to carry on.
Submit to the sweet balm of oblivion
and go sailing, home again, across the sea:
one last voyage to eternity.


B.R. 05.06.2022


Sir Roddenberry in happier times

Comments

Popular Posts