Le Voleur

(i)
 
We met at Roy Castle's record-breaking soiree.
You were swimming the backstroke
in the world's largest punchbowl
when I came in through the Luxembourgish windows,
fully intending to rob the place.
I took one look at your lovely face
and the Luxemburglar in me
remembered he had an appointment
on the other side of town.
 
You climbed on out of the punchbowl.
I lit up a free jazz cig.
You asked me for a towel.
I gave you Norris McWhirter's wig.
 
Syd Little banged a gong.
I came on hot and strong.
You stoked the fire of my desire
over prawn vol-au-vents.
 
Derek Griffiths sang a song.
Heads or tails, was I right or wrong?
I took a chance, took off my pants
and we danced till the milkwhite Dawn
Frenchwindows told us to go.
 
 
(ii)
 
We went back to your mock terrapin
St John's Wooden cabin.
I didn't know what to expect.
Hunting trophies adorned the walls:
the head of a giant stick insect
and Bully from Bullseye's balls.
 
You worked very hard to set the right scene;
create the right atmos (tha knows what I mean):
some sensual music to set me aflame,
rose petals and candles and lots of champagne.
Then by dawn's early light
we made love to Barry White...
 
...he didn't like it much at first
but after an hour he joined in.
 
B.R. 11/01/2016
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts