Forever in Brown Pants


Fashions come and fashions go.
I just don't buy into it.
But one thing's for certain, one thing I know:
Depeche Mode are always shit.

Time was when I tried to dress goth
But ended up looking like Frank Bough.
Whatever happened to the teenage dream?
The tank top that fell apart at the seams?

I'm built for comfort.
I ain't built for speed.
I'm built to wear cords.
To see me is to believe

So when I wake up in the morning light,
I pull on my cords and I feel all right.
I pull my brown cords on,
I pull my old brown cords on (cha-cha),
Boom shaka-laka-laka
Boom shaka-laka-laka.

On a lazy picnic at Wollaton Park,
Nancy's nettle quiche stang me good.
Ligged out in me groovy chestnut trews,
Waiting for the second coming of R. Hood...

B.R. 04/04/2013

Comments

Popular Posts