Bell End

(i)

Up on the moors
and utterly alone,
just me and the stones
(not the prancing pensioners
but the unknowable,
the even more ancient ones).

All is still.
All is peaceful.
All is blissful.
Then the bell end appears:
a nightmarish apparition
in a vomit orange gilet,
talking too loudly into a phone
and trying to lock-in eye contact.



(ii)

Out in the dusty desert
(I misread the signpost,
thought it pointed to the dessert ).
I'm down to my last dried scorpion
and my canteen of Purdey's
has nearly run dry
but at least it's quiet
and I like wide open spaces.
OH MY GOD, it's the bell end,
hanging around the oasis.

If he thinks that I'm stopping for a chat
then he can go and knackers.
That son of a camel gets everywhere,
like sand in your undercrackers.



(iii)

My day is done
and I find myself
in the enclosure
for martyrs and saints,
behind reinforced pearly gates.
Just me and St. Peter
when who should appear but...

...you guessed it,
the complete and utterly detested
bell end. And sweet reason
leaves her throne.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME
WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?


B.R. 14.11.2021



Comments

Popular Posts