A Kind of Passionate Requiem

(A montage of dialogue from The Wild Geese, the 1978 adventure film directed by Andrew V. McLaglen)
 
 
You're jumping from an aeroplane,
not a whorehouse window.
Here's your contract.
You can go outside
and scream in the corridor.
Morals amongst mercenaries.
 
Iron Man, Iron Man
Wild Goose, Wild Goose
Do you read me?
 
That was Emile expressing mild satisfaction.
I don't push drugs, ever - it's my religion.
I'm as sorry as Hell.
Well, thank her you clods.
I'm searching to see if I can find my God
and practice the art of inner peace.
 
Iron Man,
goose yourself in here.
We're waiting.
 
One hundred yards of clear killing ground
and we can't afford to make one sound.
 
Not even Jesus could get through that lot.
Good luck to you Godless murderers.
I'm against you
and God's against you
and we're tough sons of bitches,
the both of us.
 
No home address.
Probably sleeps on the craps table.
Man, I'm hotter than a fox.
You're likely to get your sainthood shot off.
 
You're beginning to sound good to me.
Please! Feel free with my whiskey!
Maybe you are just the man.
You're not dead
until I TELL you you're dead, understand?
 
Incidentally, how's that nineteen-year-old French beauty?
She died ... three years ago. Some kind of bone cancer.
She was barely nineteen ...
Now, on your knees and EAT!
 
Now, you believe all that's a crock of shit?
 
 
My liver is to be buried separately
with honours.
 
B.R. 10/12/2015
 

Richard Burton, Roger Moore & Richard Harris in The Wild Geese
 

Comments

Popular Posts