EMU

"Riji are the pearl shells worn by Aboriginal men in the north-west part of Australia, around present day Broome. Rijis were worn as pubic coverings, like a loin cloth, and attached with hairstring from a belt or band around the waist. Only men initiated to the highest degree could traditionally wear them." (Wikipedia, retrieved 30/04/2014)
 
 
For you
I'd paint my bottom black and blue
I'd wear a feather headdress too
and shake my junk like a funky emu
Just for you
 
Just for you
I'd sit through an entire album by Kylie
I'd wear my nose bone oh so gaily
and clean my Riji almost daily
I'd do these things unfailingly for you
 
What does a poor bloke have to do?
Get up at 5 to walk the pet dingo?
Teach English as a second lingo?
Call the (wallaby) balls at the outback bingo?
I'd do all this stuff and more, it's true
Fair dinkum, I'm in love with you
 
So now you know what kind of man I am
My darling, dear Raelene
Just what are you going to do for me?
I think you know what I mean...
 
B.R. 31/03/2014
 

 
Erica and Evelyn
(photo by Louise Ross)
 


Comments

Popular Posts